RE: Europa-List: Interference?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Interference?
From: David Glauser <david.glauser@xpsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:31:40

I had the same problem. I took two blocks of foam about 2" x 3" x 1/2" and
sanded
them so that they had a nice curve over one of the large surfaces. Then I
covered
them with several layers of bid and removed the foam after cure. With some
trimming of the excess around the edges to leave a flange, I had a pair of
nicely-shaped bulge covers. I then cut a small hole in the fuselage bottom
immediately
under where the control system was hitting, reinforced the area, and
bonded the bulge covers on.

I don't have my manual handy, but my control system was hitting the fuselage in
the rear, not the front. I don't remember which piece is CS08.

David
A071