RE: Europa-List: Tail Nav Light

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tail Nav Light
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:27:36

That is exactly what I have done.  I drilled a hole in the foam core, fore
to aft, and fed the wires through that hole.  The Whelen white light -strobe
combo mounts to a faired flat on the thin end of the rudder nearly at the
highest point on the rudder.  The flat is 1/8 inch thick aluminum sheet
tapped to accommodate the mounting screws.

The only (minor) problem is that the Whelen assembly's strobe wires with a
factory-attached plug does not reach through the rudder, which is odd
because the wires for the tail light are long enough but without a plug.
That logic escapes me.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070