RE: Europa-List: 914 Heater

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Heater
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:10:50

I am curious how this solution will work, and am toying with the idea of
doing the same in the future. I would expect that chocking off the
heat-exchanger's cooling exhaust (to provide the required pressure/flow
into the cabin) on the cooler days would help keep the engine temps up,
and reduce cooling drag to boot (assuming less total airflow). I would
also assume that with the large cabin greenhouse, one would only need
cabin heating on the significantly colder days when overcooling would be
more of an issue than overheating.

I'm eager to hear how Rob's solution works out!

Cheers
Pete
A239 in Coooold Ottawa, Canada.