Re: Europa-List: 914 Airbox Temperature monitoring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Airbox Temperature monitoring
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:17:29

In a message dated 10/23/2003 7:30:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
paul.mcallister@qia.net writes:

> I was wondering if anyone of the 914 Turbo folk out there had though it
> worth while to monitor the airbox temperature.  I understand under certain
> circumstances that pre detonation can be a problem.

I plan on it myself - the airbox temp can limit your power by the automatic
waste gate control. I am hoping that is why I can only get about 25 inches at
17,500 in the warm weather. I used to do better in the cold winter weather. I
would like to know for sure if that is what is happening. The is where the
intercooler would allow more power at altitude.

Dave A227
Mini U2