RE: Europa-List: vertical fin cap

Subject: RE: Europa-List: vertical fin cap
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:41:43

Ralph:

I don't know if you have tried the fit of the cap to the vertical fin after
getting your tail and other assorted items together back there.  The fit is
not too good.  I had to do a good deal of filling to get a smooth
interface. That is after pre-positioning a dowel inside the cap to spread
it apart for bonding to the tail fin. Later pulling out the dowel through a
small hole drilled in the sternpost.  Unless your fit is much better it
might  be easier to make a small panel in the side and attach the probe to
it so you can lift it out.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ