RE: Europa-List: parking brake system

Subject: RE: Europa-List: parking brake system
From: David DeFord <davedeford@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:41:13

Our Matco valve is not an on/off valve, but rather a check valve.  When it
is on, brake pressure can be increased at any time, by pulling on the brake
lever, and the valve will prevent the pressure from falling, when the brake
lever is released.  The usual operating sequence is to flip on the parking
brake, and then pull on the brake handle.  Nevertheless, it would not be
much fun to have the parking brake engaged during landing.  "Brake off" is
an essential part of our pre-landing check list.

Dave DeFord
N135TD