Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 22 Msgs - 09/15/03

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 22 Msgs - 09/15/03
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:34:52

>The scale  may be crude but it works and can be very accurate, doesn't clog
>with resin or run out of batteries and is easy to make from scrap wood and
>perspex from the workshop.
>
>I've used a home made device for all my build including wings.

The best scale design I've seen is the one by "Blondie" ie Neville. The
problem with the original Burt Rutan (God) scale is that there is a
variable, the resin left in the bottom of the cup when you pour from one
cup to the other. The error can be reduced by pouring resin into hardener,
(not the reverse) but there's still an uncontrolled variable. Nev's
variation fixes this.
BTW I have only just realised that there are now two "Blondies" at Europa,
and the other one has a lovely smile!
Graham

---