Europa-List: Wheel Spats re: Stone chip minimising?????

Subject: Europa-List: Wheel Spats re: Stone chip minimising?????
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:52:59

Gidday,
I am wondering with a conventional taildragger, if spats minimise or in
actual fact negate stone damage to flap undersides? Any experience out
there, because if I was to seriously consider a conventional undercarriage,
well the strip I operate from now is gravel, and the underside of my wing
of a conventional tricycle has a small amount of stone damage immediately
above the wheel, some 2' away at least.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia