RE: Europa-List: Another stupid question...

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Another stupid question...
From: David Glauser <david.glauser@xpsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:12:16

Latex gloves are not impervious to epoxy, at least the Aeropoxy used in US kits.
I've gotten in on my fingers through gloves that seemed visually OK. I use butyl
rubber gloves, which are impervious (seemingly to everything). Outside of
them, I wear disposable nitrile gloves. They provide a better barrier than
latex,
while being more resistant to tearing. I wear a really thin cotton glove
liner inside to absorb sweat. Three pairs of gloves seems like overkill, but ig
I just use latex (or nitrile) I'll get a rash that itches for days.

dg