Re: Europa-List: door modifications and Europa sweet sleeping

Subject: Re: Europa-List: door modifications and Europa sweet sleeping
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:41:16

In a message dated 9/8/2003 11:55:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
standa.svec@volny.cz writes:

> I am regulary reading discussions about door modifications on this forum
> (still hundrets of messages). I have, of course, the same problems. The reason

> is (of course) very simple - bad door design made by Europa factory. I spoke

> about this problems with Europa tecnical staff. They gave me no "official"
> advice how to eliminate this problems. They are thinking, these are no
> technical

> problems, these are cosmetic problems. I don`t agree.  I think, the builder
> should build an airplane, but not to correct for his time and money factory
> errors. And this is ERROR, no COSMETICS.
>
> And the result?
> Europa builders are loosing time and money to correct shoddy piece of work
> made by Europa factory. And the worst on the end. They are selling to new
> builders further and further doors and correction of this design error is not
in
> sight ... . Sleep sweet our dear Europa factory ... .
>
> Perhaps is my opinion to hard, but the Europa design has more simillar
> errors in design and I can not understand, why Europa is doing nothing at all
> correct it.
>
> Any opinion of other builders to this subject?

One simple comment from me, as a pilot by profession and a former
aeronautical engineer:

The Europa is an excellent design that has gone through a thorough
certification process. You must consider that you are building an experimental
aircraft
and there will be things that will have to be modified from time to time. I
personally don't understand the fuss about the door. I simply turned the door
strut around and my door has been working fine for 115 hours now -- and looking

fine also.

I would look at the big picture -- the Europa is an excellent design!

Dave
A227 Mini U2