Europa-List: Ingition Choices

Subject: Europa-List: Ingition Choices
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:23:34

Al writes,

"What has most of you wound up with for your ignition. I was thinking of the
standard
ignition (off-mag,R & L, both and start) but it has been suggested there
might be a better way. I would assume same set up but with a push button for
start".

Al,

I used two (2) - double pole, double throw switches with one pole on each switch
a momentary on, one for each mag [ ON-OFF-(ON) switch nomenclature].  They are
wired per Electric Bob's recommendation.  The switches are interlocked with
the starter and operate as follows. Either switch in the "down" position grounds
out the respective mag.  Either switch in the "middle" position is "mag hot"
for the respective mag.  Both switches "up" simultaneously (momentary position)
activates the starter.  Either switch "up" by itself does nothing.  This
eliminates accidental starting.  I really like the setup and have only labeled
the switches as "Left Mag", "Right Mag."  Unless you are familiar with this
setup
you will be hunting for a starter switch which does not exist on its own
thus adding a level of security.

Erich Trombley
A028

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!