Re: Europa-List: FW: Tail plane action

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FW: Tail plane action
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:01:55

In a message dated 8/25/2003 2:50:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gnholland@onetel.com writes:

> Climbing in the back of the Fuselage to adjust, add weight, etc. is not my
> idea of a good day!

One of the planes I saw at Flight Crafters (sorry, I don't remember who's it
was) had glassed small blocks of wood on either side of the inside of the tail

boom, just forward of the tower, at about the level of the seam between the
top and bottom moldings. In the event you need to access doodads in the tail
section, these blocks are used to temporarily hold a board horizontally across

the inside of the tail boom. Another board is then laid between the access hole

in the rear of the baggage bay and the horizontal board, providing a
"scaffold" of sorts to allow access into the tail boom without laying on the
pitch

push-pull tube and rudder cables.

This seemed like a good idea to make access into the tail boom easier with
minimal weight penalty.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN