Europa-List: flap position

Subject: Europa-List: flap position
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 22:10:36

I'm trying to set up the flap for drilling the hinge attachment
brackets (W18 & W19/20/21). I had to remove about 10mm of the flap
tip closeout to move the flap outboard & get it well-aligned with the
wing fixtures, and the TE needed a small taper removed to get the
required 3mm clearance between flap LE & vertical face of the wing
moulding. So far so good; but although things look generally
respectable, the lower surface of the flap (the one that's uppermost
at present, with the wing set upside-down on the template) appears
noticeably proud of the wing lower surface at the tip. It looks fine
at the root.

Question - do I need to relieve the wing moulding a few mm to get it
more flush? Obviously I can't remove much there without compromising
the strength of the corner (where the vertical part of the moulding
that separates the flap from the aileron linkage connects to the
curved part shaped like the flap LE).

Factory closed since noon today - anyone had this query already and
got a good answer from Neville or Andy?

regards

Rowland