Europa-List: Rotisserie Fitting

Subject: Europa-List: Rotisserie Fitting
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:11:43

For UK readers :-

Available free to a good home  :-

A steel support for the front of the fuselage which, in conjunction with a rear
support, allows the fuselage to be rotated about its long axis, to improve the
ergonomics of working on it.  A picture of it in use can be seen at
http://www.crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/Techniques/Dollies.htm  (last two
pictures)

It mounts to the landing gear frame, using the bosses to which the engine mount
will later be bolted.  It provides for being locked at (approx) level and 45 and
90 degrees each way.

It was made by Mike Clews, who supported the rear fuselage by suspending it from
the garage roof.  More recently I have been using it and the rear support is a
piece of 19mm chipboard with a channel cut down into the top edge, lined with
split foam pipe insulation and held in a Workmate.

Although it was made for use in initial build, Mike has just used it while
effecting a repair on a complete aircraft and reports that there was no problem
with this.

It is not particularly light and in its present form is a bit unwieldy for
transport.

It is presently lying in Maidenhead, Berks., with Mike Clews, 01628 631074

Or feel free to phone me, John Cliff, 01344 457323 for more details.

John Cliff