Europa-List: Fin appears to be twisted

Subject: Europa-List: Fin appears to be twisted
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:01:22

Heres a question I would welcome more than one response to. While standing
behind my Europa about 10 feet, sighting in and centering the top of the fin
to the space between the doors in the top of the fuselage, I have noticed
that just the top front of the fin appears to be 1 to 2 degrees towards
port. Keeping in mind the fin is completed and the rudder is temporarily
mounted. The sternpost and rudder are perfectly straight. Since I dont have
an engine mounted yet and its a tri gear you can notice it more with the
tail down. Could any of you look at yours to see if I am the only one with
this phenomenon? This may be a blessing in climb out but a big cruse
problem, or maybe a designed in the fin. Or maybe I did something wrong but
I cant imagine what, as the top went on without any problems.

Thanks in advance to any one that can check their plane,

Jeff Roberts
Tri A258