Re: Europa-List: thro' firewall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: thro' firewall
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:40:21

Paul Hi!

> How have folk taken wiring through the firewall while maintaining its
> integrity?

I've used Brass 6mm and 8mm Nuts and Bolts as standoffs or studs for Power,
Earth and Alternator Feed. I'm using EXP Bus so once these connections get
to Circuit Board all gets taken care of other than adding Circuit Breaker
for Alternator/Battery protection.

Magneto Leads have come through on their own and connected straight to
Magneto Switches and screened.

All other wiring which is mainly 18 to 22 awg is going through a Multi way
Circular Plug secured to Firewall on a stainless plate. This plate is
secured with bolts into fixed nuts and can be detach with engine for repair
or whatever.

If you want to share in my particular 'madness' on wiring then I can send
photo if you are desperate! Good Fun though.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry Holland
Europa 384