Europa-List: Tail-plane flange dosen't match.

Subject: Europa-List: Tail-plane flange dosen't match.
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:08:00

Here is a question for those that have tried to finish a Europa to show
specs. The front of the flange that meets the tail plane on the starboard
side is aft of the tail-plane and I was able to fill the elevator out to
meet it with no problem. However the port side is at least a quarter inch
aft of the elevator. I have filled it forward about 1/4 inch but should go
another eighth or so. When the plane is level I would like it to match on
both sides. Any thoughts on this Tail plane / Elevator dilemma. Should I
build with fill out even further?
By the way would someone tell me the difference (If any) between a
tail-plane & elevator. Hope this isnt one of those stupid questions that
makes this low time pilot look lower time.

Jeff
A258 Tri gear