Europa-List: post curing

Subject: Europa-List: post curing
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:46:17

> > Well I have this theory that the roof of my house will be an excellent
>post
> > curing oven in summer. The important aspects of postcuring is the ramping
> > up and down of the temperature, and if it really important to some to know
> > why,
  Tony,
The resin might go real soft if you ramp up quickly then warp under its own
weight. Especially if post cure is done early on.
There's one other important thing, trailing edges. I would recommend
clipping all trailing edges to straight aluminium extrusions, spring clips
every 6 inches, to keep them straight. Not important aerodynamically but a
wavy TE looks awful
Graham

---