Europa-List: Postcuring Aussie Style

Subject: Europa-List: Postcuring Aussie Style
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:28:59

Gidday,
Well I have this theory that the roof of my house will be an excellent post
curing oven in summer. The important aspects of postcuring is the ramping
up and down of the temperature, and if it really important to some to know
why, well I will hunt my e-mails to acknowledge. Nevertheless, I believe it
is the ramping down that is the most important. So, back to the roof. Well
I know the day heats up at a gradual rate, and therfore the roof, and the
ramp down is very controlled, better than any workshop homemade oven I
would be as bold as to say. My smaller components are going up there next
summer, supported on broomstick for torque tube, and wire through
flap/aileron hinge. A digital thermometer with high and low memory will
validate what time of the season is most suitable. Penny for my thoughts.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia