Europa-List: Brit Building a Europa in France

Subject: Europa-List: Brit Building a Europa in France
From: ownereuropalistserver@matronics.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:30:22

Hi All,

I live in Switzerland (Monday - Friday anyway) and have just bought a
farmhouse 3 hours away in the Vosges (NE France) which, purely
coincidentally of course, has a large hayloft that would be ideal for
building a Europa... :)

So, realistically, how difficult is it going to be for a Brit with O
Level  French to build a Europa to French standards mainly at the
week-end?

I'd be very pleased to receive comments from anyone with experience of
building in France. I am not so concerned about the language as other
logistic issues such as inspections and so on.

Also, I would really appreciate any advice about setting up my workshop
as I have pretty much a blank sheet to work on at the moment. I have
gathered some information from the Build Guide but all suggestions
would be very welcome.

Finally, any Europa builders in the vacinity of Xertigny 88220 (or
Zurich for that matter) who would care to show me how it's done over a
beer or bottle of red, please get in touch.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Ian MacPhee

ianmacphee@yahoo.co.uk