Europa-List: 914 mag drop

Subject: Europa-List: 914 mag drop
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:06:42

>But a timing light may help identify a something defective.  Have you
>checked it?  Also, an old spark plug can compare output of circuits A
>and B by noting how wide a gap on the plug each will jump at crank speed
>w/o plugs installed.

The gaps at the ignition pick ups may also affect timing. I once checked
them on a 912 and found them wildly out of spec. possibly they got
disturbed during engine installation, (there was no cover on the early
912s) After resetting the engine ran better but the rpm gauge was wildly
over reading.
Graham

---