Europa-List: Exhaust exit angled cut off.

Subject: Europa-List: Exhaust exit angled cut off.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:05:14

Hi! Ira ...all.
I have three tail pipes two starboard side are aligned pretty close together
and I have cut the exits to aprox. 45 deg. to exit into the air stream
sideways and downwards from the aircraft belly. Also the portside one same
angle but to the port side and downwards.
Originally the single one in the middle cut square certainly made the belly
more grubby than now they are angled out wards.
I do believe that the air stream plays a part in reducing the exhaust back
pressure by venturi type action as well as less deposits on the aircraft.
regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG  Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300