RE: Europa-List: Denmark trip

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Denmark trip
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:50:11

Hi! David.
We've never landed in Belgium so can't help there. No problem with Holland
and Denmark, and we made a diversionary landing in Germany on the way to
Barkaby onwards to Stauning the following weekend last year without any
problem. Oh! now I have my brain engaged we also landed at Atting
when I went to the MT Propeller Factory and on the way back landed at Mains
Fenton with no problems, so Germany is OK. No requests for documents except
occassionally we have had to submit papers to Dutch customs at Lelystad.
Usual Flight plans needed to be submitted across all boundaries.  Watch out
for a very narrow and low corridor to the South of Schiphol on approach to
Lelystad though. We slightly "busted" it once, inspite of being in contact
with Dutch Military
and had the usual telephone call request, but no worries they only used it
as a "reminder". But the charts are a little confusing just there,
difference between 1500ft and 1200 ft as I remember.
You really need to "play the lilly white man" passing Ostend keep him in
good contact because he can be very "techy" .... he gave another guy a good
roasting on air once when we went past!(Mind you he deserved it!)
All EU flying is now "harmonised" for Permit Aircraft but of course but
specific authority is still required by Norway not being in the EU.
BTW Sweden is a good place to go, fuel is 1/3rd our prices(almost worth
divering there for a fill up!) and foreigners get to buy a 28 pass giving
as many landings as you like and all overnight parking for a week. But all
flights need to be on flight plans because of emergency services
notification (lots of trees lakes and outcrops of rock! Just the place for a
misfire, been there and done it!!!!)
Hope to see  you there?
Roger Anderson,I believe, is planning to go to Stauning with a German Fly In
on the way back.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG