Re: Europa-List: Icom IC A200 /belly antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Icom IC A200 /belly antenna
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:14:02

In a message dated 5/21/2003 6:29:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk writes:

> before you commit your
> self to the Microair look at this radio  from Australia

Not to throw off on Microair, I have one installed in my sailplane and it's
worked flawlessly for over a year now. However, there is another guy at our
field who has one installed in his Blanik L-33 who has had nothing but
trouble with it. The display goes blank, then flashes between modes. It
receives ok, but when he transmits it sounds like it's off frequency by about
500Hz. Some days it doesn't work at all. The problem seems to be temperature
related. His is about 4 years old and is about to go back to the factory.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245