RE: Europa-List: Icom IC A200

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Icom IC A200
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:22:24

Hi! Brian.
I'm pretty sure that the ICOM IC A200 is no longer approved gear for new
installations.  Quite frankly on my experiences on a "grp ship" I consider
that to be a good decision by the CAA.
Mine is still poor on reception depending on engine shadow even with a new
belly mounted antenae at about 140.! Believe me I have tried every thing to
solve the problem and find myself needing to fly most often with the squelch
facility off. The squelch control is automatic and can not be regulated
freely by an in flight control making it IMHO unfit for purpose.
I'm given to understand that the Microair set is the best thing since sliced
bread, suggest you investigate further.Mendholson supplied mine.
Otherwise I have an ICOM IC A 200 you can pay me for!!!!
Regards
Bob Harrison