Re: Europa-List: Survival

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Survival
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 19:51:17

Your  flex-wing technique may have merit as a few years ago a Channel
ditched flex-wing sank with its pilot, who could not get out of the seat. I
don't know the full details but presume that structural deformation of the
trike tubes upon impact had 'locked' him in.

Flying the Channel (or the Irish Sea) with a companion aircraft has not been
mentioned, but must greatly improve the chances of rescue and survival.

Duncan McFadyean

PS my money is on the life raft so far in this debate! Where can I get a
LIGHTWEIGHT 2-man version?