Re: Europa-List: Mogas

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mogas
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 08:02:39

  > ...but I am again reading a PFA circular from 2001 which quotes
 > that the tank temperature must not exceed 20 C, and the  altitude
 > must be below 6000 feet.
 > Cheers,  Karl

And Saturn must not be aligned with Mars. :-)  Those numbers look
consistent with saying high-RVP fuel, if maintained below that
temp/altitude combination, cannot be made to vapor lock.

However, with that kind of limitation, and even if FAA inexplicably
approved, there would be no market for the resulting STCs.  Much of the
STC testing on low-wing types took place in Nevada and Arizona.

Regards,
Fred F.