RE: Europa-List: Mounting fuel pumps

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mounting fuel pumps
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:41:13

  So make sure you account
> for this and install some check valves.

> I noted that too but did not test how much pressure loss results.  The

Rotax 914 manual states check valves aren't necessary.

I think you'll find that just about every 914 installation on the planet
uses the Rotax supplied pumps without check valves.

Considering that you normally fly the 914 with only one of the pumps
running, if the backflow through the failed/turned off pump was a
problem there wouldn't be any airborne 914 powered aircraft.

Tony