Europa-List: 666 Braided/Teflon hose

Subject: Europa-List: 666 Braided/Teflon hose
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:10:06

Hi all,

I noticed that a few folk are replacing the rubber hoses with the (rather
expensive)
666 hose.  This stuff has a Teflon interior and should be pretty impervious
to any additives that are in automotive fuel.  The 666 hose is intended to
work with a mandrel type fitting that has an AN style fitting on the other end.

So, here is my question,  Has any one had any experience with using this type of
hose with the jubilee + nipple style of fitting as on the Europa.  I am
suspicious
that the Teflon will not compress enough and it won't seal very well.
I'd appreciate folks thoughts and experiences on this.

Thanks,  Paul