RE: Europa-List: Overhead lighting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Overhead lighting
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:21:12

"I think that this would be a privilege that is worth fighting for."

It's one I'd like. If IFR in a 40-year-old Cessna 150 is legal, to me it
makes no sense not to allow it in a Europa. I'm not thinking hard IFR here,
but I can think of many times it would be far nicer to fly on top of that
cloud layer rather than scud-running below it.

"My conspiracy theory mind makes me think that production plane people had a
hand in this restriction to keep people in their aircraft."

I'm with you on this one, too. Given that I pay around US$150 an hour
engine-on-to-engine-off for a Slingsby Firefly to do aerobatics, I wonder if
the rental 'schools' have anything to do with it, too?

My license is up for renewal in July. Given that most of my flying the last
2 years has been in the right-hand seat of friends' Europas and therefore
hasnt been loggable, I need to spend about 1000 (US$1500) just to keep it.
And if G-EZZA isn't flying in the next 2 years, that'll be another 1000
down the drain...

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey