Re: Europa-List: Over head lighting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Over head lighting
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:25:43

Paul Hi!

> I have just finished re making the ceiling panel and I want to put in
> some over head lighting.  I was wondering what others have done.  I
> would like to use an existing fitting of some kind rather than having
> to manufacture something myself.  LED's would be nice as well.

There is a 'thread' on this from a few months back.

I fitted to the rear of Ceiling panel (behind shoulder line) a small
black anodised 3 X LED Spotlight that shines forward to illuminate
'lap' and Panel area. I got it from Chief Aircraft, about $50. I
believe the company concerned is now bust! Can send photo to add to
your frustration!

Wicks have a Cockpit 'eyeball' Light on Page 139 of 2003 Catalogue,
weighs 1/2 oz and consumes 1.12 watts. Part No: MOD-1

Another option for new kit is somewhere like a Car accessory Supplier,
J C Whitney. On a another 'tack', they also do neat Air Con
Units.......... forget it!!

Even more fun is a Car Scrap yard (wreckers Yard) where a lot of more
recent cars have 'zoned' Courtesy down lighters which could be adapted.

Kind Regards

Gerry

Gerry Holland
mailto://gnholland@onetel.com
+44 7808 402404
Europa XS 384
G-FIZY

The greatest enjoyment from existence is living dangerously....
Friedrich Nietzsche