Re: Europa-List: Luggage tie downs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Luggage tie downs
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:48:19

> I was wondering about fitting some sort of eyes in the baggage bay to tie
> luggage down to.
>
> Anyone got any good idea's?
>
> Richard Iddon G-RIXS

This rather depends on how much weight you are going to carry.

G-OWWW weighed 875 pounds empty and with two 190 pound occupants and full
fuel (111 pounds) there is only room for 4 pounds of luggage.

Flew today, with an instructor, We investigated the envelope. The stalls
were somewhat strange.

With no flap and no power it stalled straight several times, to the right
once and to the left several times, each very quickly. The final one left us
pointing directly down. Hmmm. Stalled at about 50 knots indicated.

The instructor said that the "wind down" characteristic is built into the
aircraft and there is nothing we can do, except keep well above the stall
(!).

Anyone got any ideas ?

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, EGSG (Stapleford)