Re: Europa-List: Stern Post

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stern Post
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 06:52:31

Dave Hi!

> In the past I have seen discusion  on how to fit the stern post.  ie.
> before
> gluing the top of the fuse. on or after gluing fuse. top on??  Any one
> any
> ifo ideas??

Did mine as 2 separate operations.

It is easy enough to 'place' ribs when glueing, holding them in place
with a couple of greased clecos and then the alignment of their fit to
Stern post is a more relaxed affair. With the XS you can view down the
inside of Fin to ensure Ribs butt to Stern Post. The whole process
needs a dummy rum for alignment with a brief check list to ensure all
tasks are completed as the area is effectively sealed after completion.
Why......?

Well confession time. Part of the process was connecting BNC Connector
Aerial neatly glued to Stern post. Guess what? Next day realised I
hadn't connected the Aerial which is by this stage is nicely isolated
between Bottom and middle Fin rib and unreachable.

Fear never wins the heart of anything so.... cut hole in side of Fin,
connect Aerial, make good escape! Inspector jovial on the matter and
happy with 'patch'.

Fin Cap also glued on at this stage so ensure Strobe power line is
available for connection. Pull it through and tie a knot!

My sense of humour is still intact on the matter.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry Holland
mailto://gnholland@onetel.com
+44 7808 402404
Europa XS 384
G-FIZY

The greatest enjoyment from existence is living dangerously....
Friedrich Nietzsche