Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel line requirements for Rotax

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel line requirements for Rotax
From: Erich D Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:32:30

Hi Craig,

I am currently flying a classic mono-wheel with the 914 and Versatube
lines installed.  I used 3/8" O.D for the fuel line to the engine and
5/16" O.D. for the return fuel line.  From the fuel regulator I have used
5//16" I.D. automotive grade fuel line (2 ft long) which I slip over the
5/16" O.D. Versatube line (secured with hose clamp).  The Versatube line
is secured to the firewall with "P" clips and then transitions through
the firewall (in the S.B. lower corner) back to the fuel tank at which
point a short length of 5/16" I.D. automotive grade fuel line is used as
a transition to the fuel tank fitting.  I have about 45 hours on the
plane now and all is well.

I believe Bob was referring to 3/8" O.D. rather than I.D as he states
that 5/16 flare fittings are difficult to obtain.  Flare fittings are
O.D. not I.D. specific.  I hope that clarifies the issue.

Erich Trombley
N28ET