Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 19 Msgs - 03/23/03

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 19 Msgs - 03/23/03
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:21:12

> >> The only anomaly I know of with the Europa trim system is its
>asymmetry: the
>useful range seems to be limited to the lower (nose down) half of the
>range
>of travel.
>
>I'd be interested to hear if anyone has ever used the upper half of the
>trim range as I have never had to use any up trim but have trimmed way
>down on occasion. I'm considering moving the trim so that it's in the
>middle at takeoff trim rather than one notch down.
>
>Tony

Hi All
first before I forget, thanks for the fantastic hospitality Joan & I
received down under. We had a wonderful month in the sun & fun of NZ and
Oz. I even got to sit in the RH seat of 3 super Europas ! Thanks Tony, Mal
& Kevin.
Back to the subject,trim. I have noticed that not all Europas behave
exactly the same. Our classic would pitch up strongly if full power was
applied from a trimmed 60kt glide, ie if making a go round. I believe there
was one fatal stall spin caused by this. Not all Classics do this. Bottom
line, remember all airplanes are different and have their little quirks so
don't make any assumptions and get to know yours as well as you can.
Graham

---