Europa-List: Aileron Pushrod Tube Dimensions

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron Pushrod Tube Dimensions
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:23:13

Gidday,
Well it was a day of 3 steps forward and 2 back. I bonded in the port
aileron torque tube in the cockpit module, successfully, and then with my
daughters assistance I measured and cut the port wing's aileron pushrod.
Failure!!!! I cut the bloody thing at the base of the rod end insert, not
its head. Oh, I kicked myself around the workshop with my daugter somewhat
surprised to see me castigate myself as much as I do her from time to time.
Well now the problem is that I have to source another 12' length of this
stuff, but I am unsure of the spec. My   bill of materials describes a tube
that I think might be it, but I'm not sure. TU25RM and it also says
5052-TO- .25" X .035. Well the tube is 1" OD with a wall thickness of .035,
so I figure it must be 5052 tubing, but the .25" has got the better of me?
Any clues as to this, or my ultimate question of "what type of aluminium
tubing is the aileron pushrods"????
P.S. I'd really appreciate a score of people telling me how easy it is to
do what I did, as the bill alone will be a sting, and I have a bruised
behind already from my own kicking.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia.