Europa-List: Fuel Smell

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Smell
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:12:54

The dreaded fuel smell!
For the first time I filled the fuel tank to the brim on my classic monowheel
and
the fuel smell became apparent. Tracked it down  to the 2"  rubber piping
between
the tank and the plastic fuel filler intake. Just replaced it with a piece
of the  piping I had for the original fuel intake from the center ceiling
without the baggage mod. as I heard other builders doing that with success. Is
that correct?  Any other good ideas?
Will check it next time I fill it up. Found the total capacity to be 67.17
litres
not 70 as quoted. 9 litres was left in the Reserve.
Cheers
Tim
--
Timothy P Ward