Europa-List: Engine

Subject: Europa-List: Engine
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:52:05

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if we have anyone on here who can help but let me try anyway.

I have a Europa with the NSI Subaru engine. Recently I bought a spare engine
(block) for it. I didn't pay very much for it and all the ancillary bits had
been used for spares on other aircraft. As the seller couldn't find the logs
in his very busy workshop the PFA are asking for it to be stripped
completely. I'm currently waiting for the PFA to clarify exactly what their
requirement is but if there is anyone out there that has done this then any
advice would be greatly appreciated.

The engine is the 120hp NSI Subaru (SHO) version and hence will have more Hp
than my current one which is one of the reasons I want to use it. I have put
new valves in and bought the new exhaust this engine requires too. All other
parts are interchangeable inc Alt, TBI carb, Gear reduction module and
ignition.

Incidentally the easy option, for me, is if anyone know who removed a NSI
Subaru 120hp SHO from a Europa ser no 742559 then if the previous owner has
the logs I would be eternally grateful. I thought it may have come from Bill
Wynne Europa but I'm not able to confirm that.

All advice appreciated (other than buy a Rotax) as I have to say I do like
the Sub. I found it very interesting to read a flight report on one by the
Europa guys in a previous newsletter.

Cheers

Kevin
Gouro (400 hours and a sweet dream)