Re: Europa-List: uk help sought for radio problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: uk help sought for radio problems
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:41:34

Rowland et al,
            With regard to radio problems, it is probable that 90% of tye
difficulties lie with the installation, as most commercial rigs are
basically faultless out of the factory. Most of this is unfortunately
builder-induced (as a statistic) - presuming the system parallels amateur
radio experience over the years......
            I hesitate to repeat this offer for someone else's services, but
the AR group are most similar to ours - helpful, experienced and curious. If
UK hams are at all like our bunch, you will more than likely stumble across
a useful and curious ham at your local radio club - the address/contact
available through the RSGB, Radio Society of Great Britain. The
'pres.'/contact person will usually know a seasoned 'oldtimer' who will
offer to measure the variables in your antenna system for faults - the
greatest probability. Since ham services cannot be charged ('amateur' means
'non-commerce' but not unprofessional) his interest in your project and
satisfaction is his/her reward. Try it, you may like it.
            Then if nothing untoward is found, you can empty your pockets
with the field rep..........
E&OE.....
Ferg A064