Re: Landing Lights

Subject: Re: Landing Lights
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:42:25
Kevin Hi!

Kevin Taylor wrote:
> I noticed on Thomas Schroeder's web site he has fitted landing lights
> to the
> wheel spats of his trigear. What a great Idea I thought, nicely hidden
> and
> effective.
> Anyone thought about doing it and putting a mod through?

I have fabricated a landing Light assembly for fitment in bottom Engine
Cowl. It's a 30W Ident Light from Aircraft Spruce and with good sharp
output. I felt that was the maximum current I could allow. It may well
be that the Cowling fitment is not suitable and it's at that point I
may consider Spats. No, I haven't applied for a Mod Status as nothing
is firm but obviously will do nearer the time. Not a pleasing
thought....

A 30Watt lamp produces a fair amount of local heat so any placement
needs 'observance' and 'soak testing' for local heat damage.

Flying in Somerset area is beset with Low Flying Military as is many
other parts of UK and although making appropriate use of FIS I still
think it pertinent to be as visible as possible.  I have also fitted
Upper and Lower Strobes from Airworld with good effect although they've
to be flown yet. An additional source of light such as you mention can
only help. IMHO.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry Holland
+44 7808 402404
Europa XS 384
G-FIZY

The greatest enjoyment from existence is living dangerously....
Friedrich Nietzsche

Gerry Holland
gholland@gemini-resourcing.com
+44 7808 402404

Gemini Resourcing Limited
Hartham Park, Corsham, Wilts. SN13 0RP - UK
+44 1249 700630
+44 1249 700631 (Fax)

Website - http://www.gemini-resourcing.com

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain privileged and confidential
information.
If you think for any reason this message has been addressed in error
you must
not copy or disseminate it and we would ask you to notify us
immediately by
return email to info@gemini-resourcing.com. Internet emails are not
necessarily
secure. Gemini Resourcing Limited is registered in England  with its
address at:
Hartham Park, Corsham, Wilts. SN13 0RP, England.