Fuel tank placement/ Email

Subject: Fuel tank placement/ Email
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:38:17
Is anyone getting mail answered from Europa I email a question twice since
12/5/02 and have not gotten an answer. It was about fuel tank placement:

>The 2 cm is the gap is on the bottom of the tank to the bottom of the
baggage bay right? Not the
>gap on top of the tank. What is the minimum for that gap, do I have some
play? Say 1.5 cm? If I run
>a straight edge from the top of one redux foot print of CS14 bracket to the
other, and I still have a
>gap to the fuel tank, I should be good right? Or did I miss something? I
have a good 1/8 gap at my
>fuel bosses to pitch torque tube.

The answer that I was looking for was the one about running a straight edge
---From the top, inside of one CS14 bracket to the other. If I can do that and
clear the tank, I don't see how I could run into problems with the spars. I
hope that's right because the tanks is in now. I'm going to rig the wings one
more time then glue in the cockpit module. Rigging will tell me today, but I
was hoping to avoid tank removal if I was off base.

Happy new year!
SteveD
A217
http://homepage.mac.com/sdunsmuir/Europa.html