G-BZTH flies!

Subject: G-BZTH flies!
From: Europa Club Membership Secretary <europaclub@rowil.clara.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:23:40
Today 22-12-02, Tim Houlihan's Classic monowheel G-BZTH first flew
---From Kemble with Dave Hunter at the helm. The empty weight was 782 lb
with Rotax 912 & Warp Drive prop. More details, no doubt, from Tim in
due course.

The permit to test from PFA engineering arrived chez Houlihan earlier
this week on the morning of the nicest day we've had around here for
some time, with light winds and cloudless skies. However, getting the
paperwork, the nominated test pilot, the aeroplane, the weather and
one time proved difficult. After several frustrating days when one or
other piece of the jigsaw was missing, Tim told Dave Hunter to go
ahead and fly it if everything else looked good, even if he couldn't
be there to witness it. So, he & Anne were somewhere in Lancashire
taking the pretty route home from the (very enjoyable) Europa Club
Christmas dinner when they got the good news on the mobile phone.

Congratulations Tim!

regards

Rowland