Re: First-First Flight...

Subject: Re: First-First Flight...
From: Niels Kock <d127949@inet.uni2.dk>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:01:12

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>

> See also  http://avstop.com/History/AroundTheWorld/NewZ/research.html
>
> In NZ the 100th Anniversary of powered flight celebrations are being
> held in March next year out of respect for Richard Pearse.
>
> Tony

Just to modestly mention that the Danish inventor J. C. Ellehammer on
Sept. 12 1906 took to the air on the small island of Lindholm. The aircraft
reminded of to-day's tilt-wing ultralights. The engine, also self-made, was a
3 cylinder radial. Because of the smallness of the island the aircraft was
tethered, flying in a circle, perhaps causing this event to be looked at
somewhat
ascance then and now.
Anyway, I don't expect much fuss being made about it, come September 12 2006

Niels Kock

info@avnet.co.uk>