Engine Data

Subject: Engine Data
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 22:41:45
Having just conducted our test flying we are interested to know how our
figures compare with other Europas.

One point to note is our engine has run 450 hours so data may be different
to a new engine (temps probably cooler)

Europa Classic (Kit No 49) Unladen weight 815lbs. Powerplant Rotax 912 (ex
engine from G-YURO) Standard Warp drive prop 17deg pitch

Measured rate of climb 700fpm  (AUW 1300lbs) -  (500' to 1500' in 1min 25s)
Outside Air temp 10degrees C.

Engine data (measured after 5mins AUW climb)
Climb RPM 5200
Max oil temp 128C/ Pressure 54psi
EGT's 750/ 745C
CHT's 77/ 80C

Max level speed 135kts (5800rpm)

Cruises nicely at 105kts, engine RPM 4500, burning 11litres/hour

Stall (flaps up) 46kts (slight left wing drop - corrected easily)

Any comparative data would be of interest.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS