An inspector calls...

Subject: An inspector calls...
From: Miles Simon <Simon.Miles@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:45:41
Today my inspector came around to inspect (as inspectors are wont to do) my
Europa's wings. I'm pleased to say that he was happy to sign them off but,
once he had left, I was left to ponder my feelings about these inspections.

Before the inspection I am convinced that my work will be failed (because of
real or imagined faults); during the inspection I am relieved when each part
gets the OK; once the inspector has left I begin to worry that he may have
missed some mistake I have made! Does anyone else think this way?!

Despite my doubting, I am very happy with my kit and the progress I am
making. Also, when the inspector cross-checks the instructions in the manual
with my efforts with fibreglass, resin and spanners it is very reassuring
that there aren't too many discrepencies.

Despite my bizarre feelings about inspections I can't wait to go flying in
my Europa - hopefully sometime in 2004. We'll see...

Simon Miles,
Builder #508.