Fuel system questions

Subject: Fuel system questions
From: Curtis Jaussi <jaussi@easilink.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 08:43:31
Hi all out there.
Have been away for a while due to work obligations and am now baci to the most
favorite peoject.  I purchased my kit from another builder with the cockpit
module
installed includeing fuel tank and controls of course.  Having not done this
part of the construction, I find some things not shown in the manual and hope
someone out there can shed some light.
On the line out of the main tank side, there is a tee between the tank line and
the fuel site line.  This tee has a six-inch hose on it with a 1/8" male
threaded
fitting.  I suppose it would be for a drain, however, the original builder
had intended to fit the 914 engine and I am using the 912.  I know that the
914 has two fuel pumps but the 912 install manual only deals with one and I thus
don't know how the second one is plumbed in.  Does this tee from the fuel sight
line have anything to do with that?
I am also going to install an Andiar mini-gascolator.  Where have others
installed
one in the fuel system and what should be used for a quick-drain from the
bottom of it.  How about easy access to a quick drain for checking for water in
the fuel.
This forum is a god-send to those of us building in remote areas!  Many
thanks!!!!

Curtis Jaussi---216 Trigear--N4270G