Re: Digitrak / Digiflight

Subject: Re: Digitrak / Digiflight
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:09:23
>Graham, have you any thoughts on this device from the viewpoint of an
>experienced PFA inspector? Have you any thoughts on how difficult is it
>going to be to get it past Francis D and John T compared to the
>DigiFlight?
>Jeremy

Jeremy
Yes, I have a certain amount of sympathy for John & Francis. They must be
deluged with wild ideas, I certainly could not do their job. Bear in mind
also the insurance threat they carry.
Whatever evolves from our collective efforts needs to be clearly thought
out. Fergus has already pointed out one possible scenario. Another
possibility is what happens if the pilot falls asleep? That has happened to
at least one extreme distance Europa flyer. Does the device add to the risk
to the pilot and those on the ground. Probably not.
I think if we can come up with one well designed fail safe mod, published
on the Club list, it should be accepted by the guys who are effectively the
guardians of our rights to the freedom of flight. Remember there is a large
vociferous tribe of naysayers out there.
Graham