Re: Instruments (again)

Subject: Re: Instruments (again)
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:51:21
I like the Garmin 295 color display but the 196 looks great in B&W.  I am
using the 295 on a bracket attached to the top of the tunnel, with the
regular antenna that comes on the unit(no external antenna) and it has never
failed to stay in contact.
Am using the Microair transceiver and it does fine.  The numbers are a bit
smaller than I would like but they are not that far away to be seen.  Takes
some study to set the pre-set frequencies if you don't use that function
often.  Have no contact with the Microair transponder.  I got a used Narco
and new blind encoder.  They are working fine.  Have Archer antennas for
radio and transponder mounted on the sides behind the baggage compartment.
Ken Carpenter  A 123
N9XS   Mono  914