Re: Web Site links

Subject: Re: Web Site links
From: Europa Club Membership Secretary <europaclub@rowil.clara.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:00:09

>I'm hoping there is a searchable database of previous
>questions that I can interrogate in the attempt to minimize the dumb
>questions I'm likely to ask

What you're describing is called a FAQ (for Frequently Asked
Questions), and most mature internet fora have one. In self-defence I
created such a document for the Europa e-mail list some years ago,
and it has grown a bit since then. I used to post it monthly to the
list - would people like that practice to resume? (I'll take silence
as no, so there'll need to be a lot of votes "for" to outweigh the
expected silent majority!) The early questions relate to how the list
(now the Forum) works, but there are others further down relating to
the aeroplane itself. You should be able to find it on Jeremy's new
version of the website. I'm afraid the facility to retrieve a copy by
e-mail (just send the command "FAQ FORUM" to the SERVER) is at
present still broken after the recent major repairs to the server. I
am also intending to add some new questions and will post a notice
here when both of those have been sorted. The Europa factory also has
a FAQ on their website, which (as you might imagine) has a slightly
different world-view.

A more global, and searchable, facility exists at Andrew Sarangan's
site, where you can search ALL of the postings to this forum since
day 1. Again, see the link on the Club website
<http://www.europaclub.org.uk> to reach Andrew's databse, which is
another great resource for the Europa community, made entirely by
generous volunteer efforts.

Hope this helps.

regards

Rowland