Re:

Subject: Re:
From: Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:55:33
Kevin,
A DF fix is done with a VHF direction finder, the transponder gives them
the secondary radar fix and your composite sleek thing gives probably
little or no indication on the primary radar.
The two first should give a good picture quickly if the controller has
the time. Perhaps he is trying to discourage such practice on his duty?

Alex, kit 529.